It’s not always easy to do the right thing but we are trying to take steps to do our bit. Here are a few things that we do at The Stables and The Hen House to minimise our environmental impact:
- All the laundry and ironing is done on site and we dry things outside when we can.
- We use refillable toiletries and washing up liquid in the cottages to reduce plastic waste.
- Ecover cleaning products are used for cleaning which are kinder to the environment.
- We employ (lovely!) local people for help with cleaning.
- Guests are encouraged to recycle as much as they can.
- We promote cycling, walking and riding breaks and provide route maps and storage for bikes and grazing for horses.
- The cottages are recently converted so have great insulation which makes them more energy efficient.
- If you want to come without a car then we are usually happy to arrange transport from local train stations or bring your bike and cycle to the cottages along the lanes or canal path.
- We walk to work!